Monday, October 27, 2014

Kotas Reviews Pineapple M&Ms

There has been a pattern lately of people going to extraordinary lengths to get review material to me. Root Beer Oreos from Atlanta and Marshmallow Crispy Oreos from Arizona were provided to me by very generous friends, but perhaps it is getting out of hand. Today's product arrived from literally halfway around the world to grace the pages of this blog. Behold the unabashed oddity that is Pineapple M&Ms.


G'day Mate!
Candy 'round the world is often flavored in ways that seem weird and unusual to our unsubtle American palates, and today's product is no exception. I cannot recall ever eating an M&M and thinking "You know what this needs? PINEAPPLE." I will admit I do enjoy the idea of the Yellow M&M dressed up as a pineapple, though so I suppose I'll give this a fair shake.

I'm not sure what I was expecting with these, really.
Just look at that bold array of colors! Green, brown, yellow, and...uh...Other Green! Yes, these are definitely M&M candies. I get that they were trying to go with a "pineapple" color theme here, but...really? Green and Other Green? Just green and yellow would have been fine folks. It looks like Overstock Day at the M&M store is what I'm saying.

The scent from the package is a strong pineapple one, though it smells less artificial than some pineapple candies do. The taste is exactly what you would expect if you ate some M&Ms directly after finishing some pineapple. It is M&M chocolate, with a bit of pineapple taste lingering in the mouth, but mostly M&M chocolate. It's not bad, exactly, but it makes me question why these are even a thing that exists. The two flavors are not meshed well together at all. The pineapple taste is just sort of half-assedly there. 

On the FACE Rating System I give these 0 Smiley faces. They aren't bad, but they aren't particularly good either and mostly just confused me. That said, if you really like pineapple and chocolate, these might be for you. My mother quite enjoyed them. Definitely worth trying if you ever happen to be Down Under, but they are not the M&M for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment