Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kotas Reviews the District 7 Chocolate Bar

Day Four of the Hunger Reviews. Still in search of the one chocolate that is actually worth the money. My sponsors have all but abandoned me, but still I slog on. Will today be the day I find it? I dream of actual good chocolate and living to tell the tale. Today we uncover the District 7 bar, representing...uh...Lumber?

Lumber? Sure, that says "chipotle chili" to me.
This bar has another pretty decent label, but they are all starting to look the same, which isn't great when you are trying to differentiate between 12 different bars. Our second milk chocolate offering comes with chipotle chili as the main (nay, only) addition. Why chipotle chili for Lumber? Uh, it's a plant, and lumber comes from plants? I have no idea. 
Sadly, this bar was damaged in transit. The flavor was not affected.
YAWN, another day, another boring looking bar. Why am I continually surprised at the dullness of these chocolates? Anyway, this isn't all that bad really. The milk chocolate is appropriately milk chocolately, a step up from Hershey's but only slightly better than a good Cadbury Dairy Milk. The chili plays no part in the flavor, but it does add some afterburn to the taste, which was somewhat unexpected. There's really no chipotle flavor here, just milk chocolate and heat. It's not a bad combination, but it is not something I personally get overly excited about. I think it would be better if the chocolate was a dark chocolate. 

On the FACE Rating System, the District 7 bar gets 0 faces. Not bad, but nothing I would seek out again. If they had used dark chocolate and/or actually made the chipotle portion matter, this might have gotten to 1 smiley, but as it is, very meh. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment