Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kotas Reviews the District 6 Chocolate Bar

It's the third day of the Hunger Reviews! Today is pretty cold, but I got to stay home and eat candy, so I suppose it is not all bad. Yesterday's candy was a train wreck, what will today's wrapper hold? Set free your Tracker Jackers and hope they find this chocolate before you do! Or, you know, not.

Transportation = Peanuts. Sure, that seems logical.
Here we have another example of a decent label. This is our first milk chocolate bar, and I have this strange feeling it will be fairly full of peanuts. I still fail to see how transportation and peanuts are related, but I'm not a designer chocolate manufacturer, so what do I know about such things? Let's tear it open!

Actual peanuts visible? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?
The bar does look a bit different from the previous two offerings, with a lighter color and actual visible peanuts. It's not much different, but any differentiation is better than none! Now, as for the flavor...have you ever had a Mr. Goodbar and thought "Man, this would be better if it had higher quality ingredients? Then do I have the chocolate bar for you! It pretty much tastes like a gussied up Mr. Goodbar. The milk chocolate and peanut flavors are strong and distinct, but also fairly pedestrian. The peanut flavor is no doubt enhanced by the peanut butter, but it doesn't have any real "peanut butteriness" to speak of. Not bad really, but I sort of expected more for my $5.

On the FACE Rating System, this bar gets 0 faces. It's not bad, it's not particularly good. It is very "okay". This is not a bad thing, but the value of this chocolate is as meh as the diagonal pattern embedded in its face. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment