Monday, May 2, 2016

Kotas Reviews (Homemade) Batman vs. Superman Cereal

Last month I took a look at Batman and Superman cereals. Why? Because that's sort of my thing, finding ridiculous things and reviewing them so you don't have to waste your time trying to figure out if it is a thing you should bother with. I SUFFER FOR YOOOOOOU!

Ahem, anyway, I had lots of cereal left over, so I did the only logical thing. It's Batman vs. Superman the movie, right? So why not a CEREAL? Ladies and Gentlemen, children of...appropriate ages! Let's take a gander at my own cereal abomination: Batman vs. Superman Cereal!


The inevitable conflict...or maybe team up...I'm not sure really.
Yeah, I pretty much just took a cup each of the cereals, dumped them in a bowl, and mixed it all up. The pieces even look good together in the bowl, though the bat shape is infinitely more recognizable as an actual shape and not just  random cereal piece. You can make it yourself, if you so choose, because this is literally the plot of so many sitcom "dad left all alone and needs to make food" jokes. What a life I lead, eh? Still, how bad could it be?

Well damned if it ain't good. The weird strawberry hints of the Batman cereal are completely subsumed into chocolate and caramel. The flavors actually mesh really well and this is a fine chocolate and caramel cereal. I thought the flavors would clash, but instead they seem to have joined forces. What gets me is how thoroughly the strawberry hints are eliminated by the mixture. It could be the cereal was just a little stale, but given that the flavor was still as strong as ever when it was by itself, I don't think that was it. Huh, for the first time like ever has a team up between Batman and Superman resulted in Batman becoming less fruity. Er, what? Nuthin'...

On the FACE Rating System, this gets 2 smileys. It's a chocolate version of the Superman caramel goodness, and it tastes pretty dang good. I wouldn't get both of these just to team them together though. That seems like a little too much effort for the sake of a joke review, but if you already have them, you might as well let them fight it out and then team up. They oughtta make a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment