Friday, February 26, 2016

Kotas Reviews Cinnamon Bun Oreos

My love of doughnuts is a constant topic of this blog, but I adore many varieties of pastry, and in fact my most beloved might be the cinnamon roll. The combination of delicious dough, sweet cinnamon filling, and of course a lovely vanilla glaze is one of my all time most craved desserts. So of course I had to review these. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Cinnamon Bun Oreos.

The Glorious Excess of It All!
The difference between a cinnamon bun and a cinnamon roll is probably profound, but modern cookery has rendered them one and the same, so I won't nitpick. Besides, I never could figure it out in the first place. I'll hand it to Oreo this go around. They do seem to be branching out into the specialty cookie to compliment their string of specialty cremes. Look at that appetizing packaging, proudly proclaiming that we will find within a Cinnamon cookie, and not just an ordinary vanilla Oreo. Such wonders await within! Also noted is the return of the easy open packaging, which I very much appreciate. Let's tear into it.

Surprising absolutely no one.
The scent is definitely cinnamon pastry-ish, though it is less cinnamon-y than I would have expected. The cookie looks sort of like a vanilla Oreo, but with flecks of brown advertising the presence of cinnamon. Other then that, it pretty much resembles a vanilla Oreo. I found them to be difficult to twist off cleanly, but that is the most minor of complaints. How do they taste?

Pretty dang good, actually. The cinnamon cookie part has a good cinnamon flavor without being overwhelming, while the vanilla creme takes more cues from vanilla glaze than from Oreo's traditional vanilla creme and compliments the cookie well. The creme by itself is a little too sweet though, so enjoy this one as a package deal. I personally would have wanted more cinnamon flavor in the cookie, but this is still good. Huh, it's like Nabisco faithfully adapted a flavor into cookie format rather than simply trying to shove a flavor into the middle of an Oreo! Very thoughtful!

On the FACE Rating System, these get a solid 2 smiley faces. I'd buy them again, if I had a hankering for cinnamon buns and yet also wanted cookies, and I would happily eat them in a social setting. Oreo and cinnamon roll fans alike should try them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment