Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Kotas Reviews Carrot Cake Oreos

It'll be a cold day in Hades before you can convince me that trying to make food into something it isn't is a good idea. From the utter failure of the "Snackwell" cookie to come off as good for you, to the sheer lunacy of "healthy potato chips" full of Olestra, usually when a junk food tries to be healthy, it is either terrible in and of itself, or has weird and strange side effects from consumption, usually involving pooping. That said, some foods may sound healthy, but they pretend nothing, and it's your own fault for thinking that they could in any way be good for you. Enter the carrot cake. Ladies and Gentlemen, let's take a gander at Carrot Cake Oreos.

Carrot Cake is the like all children grow to love.
Well, here we are. Yet another Oreo review, and frankly I'm surprised it took this long for Nabisco to further plumb the depths of cake flavors beyond Red Velvet. I can't say anything bad about the packaging though. Nice picture of the flavor item, along with the actual Oreo version. Unfortunately for Nabisco, I'm not a fan of carrot cake. It's fine, I guess, but I certainly would never go out of my way to get it. I tend to think of it as trying to hard to differentiate itself from a spice cake, but it just ends up like a not quite as good spice cake that has carrot bits in it. Let's open this thing up!

Participation trophies all around.
There is a lot stronger spice scent to these than I was expecting. Maybe I've only ever had shitty carrot cake, but it hasn't really ever smelled like this to me. It's not a bad smell though, so that's good. The cookies look appropriately "non-normal Oreo" as befitting their status as "carrot cake cookies". The creme is either very similar or the same as the cream cheese creme from the Red Velvet Oreos. Very sweet, though not super chemical fakey, which is nice. 

The flavor is "cream cheese icing, with some spice cookie notes". The cookies themselves are very heavily spiced, but it is much more muted when paired with the cream cheese icing creme. These cookies taste alright, is what I'm saying. Still, I don't get much out of them that is carrot cake-ish. It's just a decent spice cookie with a decent paired filling. It is most definitely a cookie.

On the FACE Rating System, these get 0 Faces. They are a decent cookie, but I am just not a huge fan of the flavor they are trying to replicate, and the cookie doesn't do anything to change my mind. It's not very carrot-cake like to me, but it's a decent spice cookie. Some of you out there may adore this cookie, but it just isn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment