Thursday, December 28, 2017

Kotas Reviews Ocean Spray Mocktails Tropical Citrus Paradise

Well, well, the holidays are winding down...at least until the next holiday of course! And what's right around the corner? 2018! Hopefully it doesn't have a baseball bat and want our lunch money. Anyway, what better way to try and ring in something resembling a new year than by drinking a whole lot? Still, not everyone enjoys the glory of intoxication. For that, we have today's little adventure. Ladies, Gentlemen, I present to you, the Ocean Spray Mocktail.

Non-Alcoholic? Wel...I guess I'll try it.
Non-alcoholic versions of alcoholic drinks have been around since forever. Notable ones include the Shirley Temple, the Arnold Palmer, and the "Water", but pre-packaged versions? Sure, I suppose that's a thing. We called 'em "Mixers" back in my day though. Anyway, the packaging is kind of ho hum. It's got a picture of some juice on it, trussed up like a cocktail, but you know, that's it. Still, it's not what's on the bottle, but what's in it! Let's drink!

It was a lot more pink in person.
Well, it's definitely juice. Very sweet juice. I think it's trying to emulate a Hurricane, but since I haven't had one of those in decades, I don't really know. It's very...grapefruity, which isn't a juice I normally go for. Still, I turned to my secret ingredient for making drinks taste better...rum! Yes, I put rum in the Mocktail to make it a...well, not a real cocktail, but something boozy.

Sadly, adding booze didn't really improve the flavor too much. The rum clashed with the juice (probably because I added too much...oh, shut up) and the flavors didn't really compliment each other. Perhaps vodka would have mixed better, but I'm still a little disappointed.

On the FACE Rating System, this gets 1 Frowny Face. I guess it's fine, since it is drinkable, but I did not care for it and wouldn't really want to drink it again, even with some booze. It's overly sweet, cloying, and very very grapefruit. Still, I'm sure someone out there would like this, so feel free to try it. Just bring me a beer instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment