Friday, June 10, 2016

Kotas Reviews Coffee Nut Peanut M&Ms

Hola peeps. Been a while since I rapped at ya. I fell on some tough (well, mildly inconvenient) times recently, but we're back in the saddle and raring to go! Just in time for the summer! Is it Fall yet? Let's get this over with, here's our look at Coffee Nut Peanut M&Ms.

Why the hell does this exist?
Coffee and Chocolate go together like mocha and latte. They compliment each other very well, and each brings something to the table that accentuates subdued elements in the other without overwhelming the good parts of each. I often think of it as the best of both worlds, really. So why the fuck would I want to throw a peanut in there? And really, "Coffee Nut"? It's coffee berry or coffee bean, not coffee nut. This is just bizarre to me. Were you really running that thin on "nut" flavors? Ugh. Let's rip it open.

Brown, More Different Brown, and "Cream". Fan-fucking-tastic.
This color palette is almost as bad as the Honey Nut one. At least it stays mostly on theme. Coffee simply doesn't have that many ranges of color, so I'll forgive them...sort of. Let's eat a few and be disappointed.

You know, I'm a stubborn man, but I can admit when I was wrong. These are actually fairly tasty, to my surprise. The coffee adds a bit to the chocolate and the peanut, while there, doesn't get in the way too much. Not bad, Mars, not bad at all! Not great, but not bad. Of course, I love coffee, so I am more inclined to eat these than others might be. 

On the FACE Rating System, these get 1 smiley face. I like them a bit better than regular Peanut M&Ms, but I am not going out of my way to get them over non-Peanut M&Ms. Give 'em a whirl if you love Peanut M&Ms and Coffee. Not the pairing I would have chosen, but it does work fairly well.


No comments:

Post a Comment