Monday, November 27, 2017

Kotas Reviews Mountain Dew Holiday Brew

Well, now that we've all recovered from our Thanksgiving comas, I suppose it's high time I got back to work around here. So many things to review, so little time. Still, I like to get a bit festive for the start of the Christmas season. I do love Christmas and all that comes with it: Trees, Presents, endless repeats of shitty television specials on ABC Family, eggnog, and yes, even fruitcake. Fight me. So to kick off the celebration, we'll start with a holiday themed...uh...soda. Let's take a look at Mountain Dew Holiday Brew.

It rhymes!
Well well well, seems like Mountain Dew is still experimenting with mixed flavors for the holiday season. This go around it seems that the Christmas season is in its sights, after the 4th of July got the extreeeeeeme treatment. For most of my adult life, Mountain Dew has been the flavor of snowboarders, BMX stars, and elite gamers, mostly because of the caffeine kick it provides and the citrus shock to the taste buds. Not too bad for a soda named after slang for moonshine whiskey, eh? Let's smash it open!

Franklin Delano Doughnut approved.
Honestly, I'm not sure what I was expecting here. This particular soda is a blend of standard Mountain Dew and their cherry flavored Code Red variant. Code Red is basically one of my favorite soda flavors of all time, so of course I had to try this. I was not expecting the resulting beverage to be so pink though. Grade school color wheel knowledge would indicate it would be more yellow, but hell, what do I know? Let's drink it!

You know, it's not bad. The citrus portion of regular Mountain Dew compliments the Code Red cherry nicely, and gives the whole concoction a nice zing of holiday cheer. It doesn't linger in the mouth either. Quite refreshing actually. I think I like this! Bravo, Pepsi Co, bravo.

On the FACE Rating System, this gets 2 Smiley Faces. It's a darn tasty soda and, actual color not withstanding, is a nice way to market a holiday limited edition. Ya killin' it Mountain Dew, and coming from me, that's saying something. Give it a whirl if you like soda!

No comments:

Post a Comment